Effective Date: June 12, 2017
We may update or modify this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes we will post a revised effective date below. Any changes shall be effective immediately upon posting the revised Policy. Your use of the Site after changes are made shall be deemed acceptance by You of the revised Policy.
Information is collected through two methods: (i) Information provided by You to the Site; or (ii) Information that is obtained from Your use of the Site.
- Information provided by You: You may browse the Site anonymously. You may enroll in our News and Alerts Service by providing Your email address. If you contact us through the Contact page you will be asked to provide contact information so that we may respond to your inquiry. The Site may allow You to distribute materials and information downloaded from the Site to third parties via the third party’s email address. You represent that You have the authority to provide the email addresses of those third parties, and that those third parties have agreed to receive such materials and information from us. The Site may allow you to provide information to apply for a position with JBG SMITH. This service, which collects your resume, contact information, employment and education history and other related information, is operated using a third party service provider who collects and submits the information to us.
- Your browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The website(s) You visited before visiting the Site and the website(s) You visited after visiting the Site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that may identify the physical location of such devices;
- Data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
- Your location information if you agree to share it with us; and
- Data related to Your interactions with content on the Site, such as the type of content viewed on the Site.
- Third Party Cookies and Do Not Track. We may allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to You. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
The purpose of collecting Your Information is to provide You with the best experience possible.
In general, we will use Your Information for our general commercial purposes, including, for example, to: (i) analyze, operate and improve the Site and the services offered thereon; (ii) customize the content You see when You use the Site; (iii) enforce our Terms and Conditions and this Policy; (iv) conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis and related reporting to third parties; (v) to send You information about our company and our products and services and those of other companies we believe You may find of interest; and (vi) for any other purposes disclosed to You at the time we collect Your Information. By providing Your or another’s email address You hereby grant Us permission to distribute any notices, news alerts, materials, updates or any other information to those email addresses.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CHOICES
You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your transactions with us or in response to inquiries you send us.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may provide data, such as aggregate data, sales, site traffic and related Site information, to third parties; however Your Information will not be included in such data except in an aggregate manner where the use of such Information will not identify You personally. Additionally, JBGS may disclose anonymized forms of Your email address to third party websites to enable JBGS to provide You with the services You have agreed to receive.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not share your information with others for use to directly contact to you by means of the mail, telephone, or electronic mail to market their products, goods, or services to you for your personal, family, or household purposes.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration. Please understand that no security system is perfect and, as such, We do not guarantee the security of the Site, or that Your Information won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to the Site.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site is directed to persons 18 years of age or older. Accordingly, You must be 18 years of age in order to access the Site. If You are under 18 years of age You may not access the Site without the consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect, distribute or share any Information from persons under 18 years of age and we are not under any obligation to verify that persons accessing the Site are, in fact, over 18 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 18 years of age has provided Information to JBGS or the Site, we will delete such Information as soon as is possible under the circumstances.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive the News and Alerts Services, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications You receive. Please note that we reserve the right to use Your Information in any aggregated data collection after termination, however we will ensure that the use of such Information will not identify You personally.
If You have any questions concerning this Policy or the Site, please contact JBGS at email@example.com.
Effective Date: June 12, 2017
JBG SMITH Properties
4445 Willard Ave, Suite 400
Chevy Chase, MD 20815